Sustainability & Tourism
Built upon the core principles of philanthropy and sustainability, The Evolved Traveler promotes responsible travel that respects the destination, its people and culture, and the surrounding environment.
Our “business as usual” is anything but. Our mindset at The Evolved Traveler is simple: when we treat the environment as an integral part of our humanity and not just an afterthought, we can ensure the health and happiness of our planet and future generations.
Our Sustainability Guidelines
Sustainability is one of the core values of The Evolved Traveler. As there is no ‘one size fits all’ solution for the number of issues that ail our planet, our environment, and even the multitude of cultures amongst us, we have resourced the sustainability guidelines set forth by several organizations we consider to be at the forefront of this effort including The Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC), Sustainable Tourism International, and UNESCO.
The guidelines adopted by The Evolved Traveler for sustainable tourism focus on three primary areas as follows:
• Maximize social and economic benefits for the local community
• Enhance cultural heritage
• Reduce negative impacts on the environment
The Evolved Traveler Declaration of Sustainability
We believe that our guests and partners are part of something amazing. Our goal is to create a positive and lasting impact wherever we go.
By using best practices from around the globe, as well as some of our own, we’ve created our own declaration of sustainability.
We promise to:
• Strive to leave every location in better condition than we found it
• Educate our guests regularly regarding responsible tourism and sustainability
• Encourage the use of local goods and services
• Respect all places, people, and cultures
• Discourage the consumption, trading, or harvesting of protected wildlife and plant life
• Offset carbon emissions by donating to reforestation causes
• Volunteer in our local community, just as we encourage our guests and partners to do.
We will not only adhere to these guidelines but further strive to pioneer new concepts and practices for sustainable travel with our guests and global partners.
Our Animal Policy
One of our key tenets as a company is that of giving back, which we apply to the people, cultures, environment, and in this case, animals, that we encounter on our travels.
We promise to not involve ourselves or our guests in any activities which cause harm, discomfort, or danger to animals of any kind, nor will we engage our guests in activities that involve contact with endangered species or captive wild animals. We also will not offer rides on elephants at any point.
As world travelers ourselves, we know that wildlife encounters can be some of the most memorable highlights of a journey, which is why we want to make sure those encounters are positive experiences for the animals as well.
These are our promises to you, ourselves and the destinations and communities we visit.